TR by Cybertech, 16Nov13

TR by Cybertech,
Wind: very light
Swell: 1m
Current:
Launch point: Middle Groyne
Participants: cybertech, redwood, Deecee, Eyetag, Weeksie

I arrived at MG around 3.50 and found Eyetag and Deecee already starting to load up with redwood arriving soon after. Eyetag advised he was heading to river mouth then towards little halls staying in close to shoreline. The rest heading for JS, all launched without drama, some biggish sets but far apart.


I wasn't feeling overly fresh and found I was struggling to find the motivation to keep going. Redwood and Deecee went on ahead and when I finally caught up redwood was onto something massive. He was fighting this thing for 20 minutes before I arrived. It turned out to be a big ray and busted the line so no photos.


We arrived at JS and at this stage I'm getting greener and greener, an hour into it and I had called time out and headed back in trolling. Not much action apart from a little reef shark just before the rock wall.

Eyetag reported no action, redwood, Deecee and Weeksie only reported a juvenile snapper, diamond trevally and some grinners. Weeksie ended up catching a reef shark at the same location I did.

Few photos below.


Most launched without drama, redwood got a soaking.






Contribution by Darren (Deecee)

Arrived at Car park around 3.30am, it was dark! Sounded like there was a
bit of swell too so I decided to wait until I could see better before
rigging up. Once I saw the swell, it as easily doable so went back to rig
up. Eyetag & Cybertech were in the car park already rigging up, Redwood
arrived shortly after.

Eyetag said he was going to troll up the beach, Redwood, Cybertech & myself
were going to head to Jew Shoal.

Got a super wet ar$e on the way out, goes without saying really...rather on
the way out than on the way in!

Rigged up a lure and started the trip out to Jew Shoal...ran into Redwood
3/4 way out, he was heading back in under tow of a large something (later
identified as a stingray) so I stopped and watched the battle. Cybertech
joined us after a few minutes to also watch...

After that battle (20 add mins) we all headed to JS where we took up
different spots and proceeded to bottom bash along with an ever increasing
number of tinnies...after a few runs across JS and a couple of fish, these
being a small grinner & small snapper it was time to head in (8.30amish), on
the way in I heard Cybertech, who left a little earlier not feeling the best
had landed a small shark just off the end of the groyne before landing on
the beach.

On the way in I ran into Weeksie who I met for the first time today who was
also fighting a small reef shark, left him to it after a couple of minutes
watching and dry bummed it back to the beach in between some decent
swells...

Quick chat to the guys about the day and off home...


You can tell them all about your beach landing ;P

Cheers

Darren

1 comment: