Fussy Trevally river session - 23Nov13

TR by eyetag

Wind: 5 knot N/NW
Current: Run out tide
Launch Point: Noosa Heads Lions Park
Participants: Eyetag

I had a paddle in the river last night,launching around midnight. I trolled a Gold Bomber straight to Ricky's arriving fishless. There was quite a lot of activity there on the surface that turned out to be Bigeye Trevally 20-40cm and were thick from Ricky's down to the river mouth. They were a bit fussier than usual with their eating habits though due to a lot of small Prawns in the river,which is all they seemed to want and every cast of a small Gladiator Prawn I was getting smashed but the bigger prawn was only getting hit every 3rd or 4th cast.

note the glow bead to help keep the stinger on

I drifted this area for a couple of hours landing dozens of Trevally and 1 nice Jack,which as usual was feeding under the Trevally,having a lot of fun on the light gear. The return trolls using a Gold Bomber only produced Hairtail which were still there in numbers.
There was now light starting to appear in the sky so it was time to chase a Jack in the Woods Bay. I trolled around the Inner Woods Bay focusing on a couple of favourite locations and finally I heard the drag screaming and after a tough fight I landed another nice Jack.

A pigeon pair of 50cm Mangrove Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment