Fishing Today, 15Nov13

TR by Jaro with Contribution from Panno

Paticipants: Jimbo, Tunny, Panno and Jaro
Conditions: A beautiful day with a breeze of 5 to 8 knots from changing directions during the morning. There was a strong W to NW current at JS.


We all arrived around 4.00am at MG and were soon out on the water without any dramas and we all set off for JS.

I caught a 42cm snapper and a 35cm pearl perch in the first hour at JS. From then on it was quiet for all of us. So quiet in fact that there were no more fish caught by any of us at JS. Panno left early and I left for home at 8.40am and Jimbo and Tunny followed soon after. Jimbo caught a smallish shark as he was coming to MG which he kept.

So all in all it was a quiet but beautiful day out on the water.

Jaro

Contribution from Panno

Hi all - not much to report from my perspective apart from a 2-3 ft shark just out from MG (ironic given recent chat !) - myself, Jimbo, Jaro & Tunny all fished JS and when I left around 7.30am Jaro had 2 keeper reefs (I think a snapper & a pearl perch), but that was all I was aware of. I trolled out & back, but even coming home, the birds were very scattered, still searching far & wide for condensed bait - it seemed to me as though the pelagics were yet to round up the bait into balls, and hence the feeding frenzy I was hoping for was not seen - maybe the other guys got luckier as the day progressed ???

ciao & good luck to those heading out tomorrow.

Andy Panno

No comments:

Post a Comment