Weyba lads, 25Aug12

TR by Tiberium

Wind: Mostly a gentle 6knots southerly with gusts hitting 10knots
Tides: Low 9:17am. High 3:37pm
Weather: A summer's day
Launch point: Munna Point
Participants: Carlton, Tiberium
Date: 25Aug12

G'day Readers

Sorry for not having a message sent out about today but Carlton and I made the plans late Friday night.

Today felt like a summer's day. We arrived at Munna Point at 10am to find that my battery for the fish finder is a goner, not a good start. But on the good side the weather was looking great and the river wasn't so busy, just a few boats.

We were targeting the favoured whiting so we headed straight for some yabbies at Frying Pan. Already only 10 minutes in I could feel the heat kicking in and the UV pounding on my skin. Sometimes the rainy clouds would come to the rescue and block out the sun for a few minutes or a gust would cool me down. I miss those days.

Photobucket

At Frying Pan the yabbie population was in good shape so it only took a few minutes to have a fish on and another and another and another. After a while Carlton suggested we give Weyba Creek islands a hit because the only fish we were catching were undersize.

The tide was pushing us all the way to the creek and down it so it was a easy getting around. We stopped at every island and were finally rewarded with some legal fish. Carlton caught four legals and two for me (I accidentally dropped one).

Before we knew it we were out of bait and called it a day. Now came the fun part, going against the tide.

Photobucket

It was a beautiful day and it was pleasing to have a good feed for dinner.

Cheers

Tiberium



2 comments:

  1. So what fish did you get?
    Bream I suppose?
    saw plenty of stingrays around when I went into the area

    ReplyDelete
  2. we got whiting, most just undersize but with a few good ones.
    Carlton

    ReplyDelete