Eli, Eli, OH! 03Jul12

TR by Eli

Made it down to the beach for launch just after 7. Waves along the rock wall weren't breaking until they hit the beach so the top half of me stayed dry.

Decided to head towards Teewah trolling hardbodies. Had a couple of dolphins pass me but that was all I saw with no surface action and only the occasional diving bird.

As I passed the first cutting my trolling rod (Halco LP, red and white) keeled over and started peeling off line. After about 25 mins of being towed around I finally managed to get my first longtail (and first tuna!) up to the surface and into a position where I could get a hold of it without tipping over.

Having made sure it was completely secured to the ski I headed back to the beach still trolling but with no touches. Met Kev on the way to the carpark and got a few pics before heading home.

Pics by sunshiner:




Eli, where’s the Noosa Yakkers sticker? (Kev)

1 comment: