Glassy at JS, 29Jul12

TR by Jaro
Conditions... Perfect... Cloudless, wind under 5 knots, no waves to speak of, water clear and remarkably warm considering how cold it was before sun up.
There was no current to speak of at JS.
Participant: Jaro

All intending participants got up early (between 4.00 and 5.00am), had a look at Seabreeze, saw the wind was up and that it was bloody cold leading everyone to email each other saying they were going back to bed. I noted that the wind was predicted to die so said I would check Seabreeze after I woke up which turned out to be at 6.30am. Noted that the wind was dying and eventually decided to go at 7.45am. I notified everyone that I was going but no others ended up joining me.
Below is what greeted me... an absolutely picture perfect day.

I have never seen it as flat as this before

I was on the water at 8.20am and only got my feet wet up to my ankles and had an easy paddle out to JS. As my GPS is in for repairs I was hoping someone would be out at JS to give an indication as to where it was and then use my fish finder from then on.

There were a number of boats out there so my problem was solved though it did me little good as I had one miserable nibble all morning and therefore no fish to brag about. The boats also had no luck as I kept a close eye on them to see if they were having better luck than I. It was not too long before they all started to leave for home. I met up with another yakker from Brisbane in a tri hobie who had at least caught something... a mac tuna as he was coming out to JS. I pulled the plug at 11.30am and had an uneventful paddle back to MG. No fish but a beautiful day on the water.

Jaro

No comments:

Post a Comment