Hands Free Fishing 14Mar15

TR by eyetag

Wind: 0-10 knot S/SE then S/SW
Current: last of run out and start of run in tides
Launch Point: Noosa Heads Lions Park
Participants: Eyetag

I'd just installed a new sounder on the Hobie and couldn't wait to give it a trial. Launching around 8.30pm I headed up to Rickys then down to the river mouth. I decided to fish back upstream with the mouth running out too hard for comfort, even on the Hobie. Half way back to Rickys I had a good strike on a trolled Gold Bomber and managed to land a nice Jack. There was fish busting up all over the place, mostly small Bigeye Trevally.


I decided to cast a small Gladiator prawn and slowly retrieve it on the light gear. This was very productive and on the Hobie as I was able to maintain my position while fighting fish, landing several small Trevally a Barred Grunter or Javelin fish and another Jack. Then once the tide had stopped so did all the action and I decided to peddle back, nothing much happened except one missed strike on the way home in the Inner Woods bay.

Barred Grunter or Javelin fish

No comments:

Post a Comment