Brekky for one. 22Sep13

TR by beejay

Participants: Beejay
Noosa River: Woods Bay and Munna Point.
Wind: 4 to 5 knots, N to SW
Low Tide: 4.54am

After Kev emailed that offshore did not look good on Sunday I decided to take a leaf out of eyetag’s book following his recent night river success. So, trundled the kayak through the park at the end of Hastings St for a 3.00am launch from first Woods Bay. Nice to try out the new homemade light pole which worked a treat.

Kayak ready for night launch

About half an hour later between Inner Woods Bay and Outer Woods Bay and I was onto my first (and only fish for the morning) – a trevally – great – breakfast (for one!).

Breakfast for one!

Continued enjoying having the river to myself and paddled over to the current line off Ricky’s hoping for fish on what was now low tide. Nothing happening so paddled around the point and to the bridge hoping the light might have attracted a few more trevally - hooked up to something and was almost immediately bitten off.

Went back to fishing the current line off Ricky’s till around 6.30am until the boat traffic (school holidays) and lack of any further action got the better of me. Headed back to inner Woods Bay where the early morning boat parking was at a premium. I arrived as the outrigger club were setting up for a breakfast function – maybe I could have joined in and offered to share my trevally!

Peak hour (7am) parking at inner Woods Bay.

Beejay

No comments:

Post a Comment