Manscaped, 23Dec12

TR by Manscaped with additional contribution from Imax

Hello Yakkers,

I went out this morning with a mate using my old Supalite. We launched just before 4.30am with the wind being almost non existent. Two other guys arrived with AIs before we launched. I think they went out later, down near first point. The waves were standing up at the end of the groyne but the launch was still easy enough. I took 6 or so waves over the front of the evo during the launch and my mate got turned around but we both got out without coming off.

After getting out we were planning on heading up halls way but after seeing a few birds heading JS way we changed plans. We trolled both pillies and hb's to JS and around the area. Saw a bit of bird activity that looked promising but it was very sporadic. It was quiet so we then went off to Little Halls finding similar bird activity to the other side of the bay but still no action.

We arrived back at the beach some time after 9am and picked the lull. I went in on the back of a set and thought I was home but got caught by a small wave that pushed me off in the shallows. My mate made it in unscathed but had arms and legs going everywhere trying to stay upright.

Going to try get some crabs tomorrow morning but might head out early on Christmas day for a few hours.

Manscaped


Contribution from Imax

Corie and NY's, the two AI's were my uncle and myself. We decided the groyne was just a little too dumpy for the Hobies so went and launched down in cowards corner. I picked a gap alright and got out the back only to watch my uncle get flipped over backwards on the fully rigged AI. I did a trip back in to go and help him right his rig back over as this isn't an easy task with 4m of sail and two outriggers in the break zone. We got it back over only to find he had lost his rod and reel. If anyone finds a baitcast rod and reel on main beach he would be very grateful.

After this drama I smashed my way out through the break again coping a big dumper on the head which would have soaked me if I wasn't already wet. From here we sailed out in the direction of the birds as well and I'm guessing ended up around JS. We chased the birds for a while sailing parrallel to the headland. On the third run I hooked up and landed a smallish Yellow Fin Tuna. This was our only fish for the day and we had an easy trip back into shore.

I'm looking at heading out again Christmas morning so hopefully will catch a few of you then. If not Merry Christmas to all.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Regards
Dan (Imax)

No comments:

Post a Comment