Turn up the mega bass 25Apr14

Location: Ewen  Maddock Dam
Winds: Light SE
Water Temp: 24.5
Participants: DC

I arrived at the car park around 5.00am, very dark, there were already others getting ready in the car park.  I got ready quickly as I wanted to be on the water in the dark and launched about 10 minutes later.  

Initially, making my way along the northern edge of the dam trolling a cicada & flicking a surface popper with no action to be had.  Stopped on the corner where the previous two weeks I had a couple of significant surface strikes...not to be today.  Made my way across the open water to the western side of the dam and first cast got smashed with the fish immediately heading down and under a snag, moved the yak from one side to the other trying to free fish, rod and knots were being tested...finally saw some leader and ended up grabbing with my hands and giving a pull, the fish was free and he was not happy!  Zigging and zagging collecting as much weed as possible seemed to be its mission and after a few hairy moments I finally saw it...holy crap was my first thought!  It looked massive and was off again...after another few minutes it was netted, measured and returned to the water...biggest Bass I'd ever caught measuring at 49cm...a Noosa Yakkers record?

49cm Bass caught on Ewen Maddock Dam

Well after that it was a quiet morning, a small Spangled Perch just bigger than the lure it ate and a little later on a 30cm Tilapia which was dispatched and thrown in the back for disposal on my return to the beach...

Pulled the PIN at 9.30am and met the family in the park for coffee and a late breakfast

A great day on the water


DC

No comments:

Post a Comment