DC at Ewen Maddock Dam, 05Apr14

TR by deecee

Hi All,

Winds - Light
Current - None
Water - Warm & Clear

Arrived around 4.50am at EMD, car park was empty. Rigged up and launched in the dark working my way west using surface poppers, amazed at how quickly the dam water level has risen! I got to the first corner (NW) and had a massive strike on the surface with no hook up. I cruised across to the western side of the Dam flicking the popper with no further interest. By now the sun was getting up so I put on a silver vibe to attack the timber I know is underwater there and promptly lost it to a snag… tried another but no hits over the course of the next 45 mins.

Decided to try somewhere else so put on a Deep Diver Lure for a troll over to my next destination and immediately got a little 25cm Bass.


I arrived at my next destination and first cast hooked up a little tilapia which I quickly dispatched (tilapia are designated noxious species, as are European carp).


Flicked around the point for another 45 mins with no further strikes and with time ticking away I headed for the launch point. Hooked up to two bass on the way back, one at 25cm and one nudging 30cm which put up a great fight…

A glorious morning on the water but now it's time to lay some vinyl…yippee.

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment