What a sunset! - 24Mar13

TR by Gemini
Participants:  Gemini
Launch Site: Jamesy's Run, Lake MacDonald
Conditions: Fine, light breeze

Today I decided to try a different launch site for Lake MacDonald. There is a rarely used "ramp" off Hoy Road which I discovered one day while geocaching and, although overgrown, is still in perfect working order. I hit the water around 4:20PM, only planning to fish until dark.

I headed over to the far bank and turned north, attempting to find the open water in between the weeds. It was hard going. The algae in this section of the lake was catching my lure frequently, and it's a pain to remove compared to the weed there. Not far up I had my first (and only) take for the day. This fish had a few cracks at the lure before he took it, but when he did it went down whole. He felt like a good size, and I wasn't disappointed. At 42cm he gave me a new personal best for bass. Only a 1cm difference from my last PB, but i'll take it!





From there on the going was slow. I cruised around the 3-Ways and annoyed some bird life, and then made my way back. I had a hit along the way, but it didn't take and I couldn't entice him back for a second serve.

As the sun started to disappear I was greeted with one mighty fantastic sunset. The pictures really don't do it justice, but you get the idea.






Cheers!

Matt (Gemini)

No comments:

Post a Comment