eyetag and andycav, 30Apr10

From: "ian"
Subject: Re: Fishing today 30Apr-10
Date: Friday, 30 April 2010 4:26 PM

Launched at 6.05 and paddled across RM up towards LH. Had a bust up 30 metres ahead. 2nd cast I hooked up to a Mack Tuna. While fighting the tuna I hooked up on my trolled Sunshiner Special in Qantas colours. After landing the foul hooked Tuna, a good 6kg specimen, I managed to land the Spotty that was still on the other line. Things were pretty quiet after this with 2 more Mack Tuna on cast slug. Then I paddled across to First Point and back to LH for no fish. On my way home from LH I got another 2 Spotties on a Sunshiner Special. The bust ups were short and scattered, but it was a beautiful morning on the water, with a 2-3 foot E/SE swell that was standing up at MG but with long breaks between sets.
Ian
Call sign:eye tag

From Andycav
:::::::::::
Subject: Re: Fishing today 30Apr-10
Date: Saturday, 1 May 2010 12:14 PM

Ian,

Thanks for the company yesterday morning and the loan of a successful lure. (My lure box was left safely at home with my wallet and on top of my PFD). I basically followed a similar path to Ian but returned a bit earlier due to a golfing commitment. I managed to catch my two Mack Tuna and a Spottie with all released safely. Didn't want to leave them in the car whilst playing golf. The Tuna were both caught casting, one with a metal slug, and the other with a surface popper with the biggest being 54cm. The Spottie (73cm) was caught within 400m of Middle Groyne on Ian's borrowed lure. Thanks Mate! Hope you saw that I left it on your hat on your roof?

Having returned all 3 fish to the water I would have thought that the water god would have been happy but obviously the water god on the golf course didn't think that.

Cheers
Andy
:::::::::

No comments:

Post a Comment