2 longtails, 17Apr10

email from Ian
Date: Saturday, 17 April 2010 7:12 PM

I launched at MG 5.15 with a 5 knot SW breeze thinking how lucky I was, then 10 minutes later I was heading into a gusty 10-15 knot S/SE that got stronger as the morning went on. I paddled to Granite Bay, rigged a Slimey on a Spaniard Special and headed for JS. I paddled around for an hour with no result, so I checked my bait, which was fine, put it back out and kept paddling, another half hour went by and having seen the odd Tuna jump I decided to put out a shallow swimming hard body which lasted about 15 minutes before it took off. The first run almost spooled my 300 metres of 12lb braid on the Shimano Symetre 4000. This got me thinking Mackerel after a 30 minute fight. Feeling very lucky not to get tangled with my other line,I boated a 9kg Longtail. After this I brought the Spaniard Special in and trolled the hard body again heading for home when it got hit again this time there was no run after the strike but there were head shakes that went on for about 30 seconds before a big run and this time I was sure it was a Mackerel but it turned out to be another Longtail 7.5kg. He was boated and I headed in, happy, after what was probably the washiest conditions I'd experienced on the yak.
Sorry but the only photos were taken by Bill Watson and should appear on fishingnoosa.com.au by 9.o'clock Monday night.
p.s. I couldn't wait that long to report in.
Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment