Long awaited return 13th-June-14

TR by eyetag

Wind: 0-5 knot variable then S/W 5-10 knots
Current:Fast run out tide
Launch Point: Noosa Heads Lions Park
Participants: Eyetag

Back on the water at last after 20 weeks. I launched around 10.pm Friday night and peddled yes peddled straight to Rickys to find the current line racing due to the large tides. I was onboard Stormin Normans' old Hobie, which I am now the proud owner of. I stuck to the original routine, drift downstream with a small Gladiator Prawn and return with a Gold Bomber out the back then do it again and again and again, I got a good mixed bag consisting of Big Eye Trevally, Bream, Flatties, Tailor and Jacks all playing the game mostly on Gladiators and with the added bonus of not one Hairtail although I did have 2 Bombers taken home as souvenirs.

Flathead with a Gladiator hanging out its mouth.

The Big Eye like the Bream were between 20cm and 30cm not big but a lot of fun on the light gear. The fishing was consistant until the tidal run slowed. With a couple of nice fresh meals onboard it was time for me to leave, the paddle back through the Woods Bays was a non event.

No comments:

Post a Comment