Epic Monsters Landed in the river - 11Dec13

TR by Cybertech,
Wind: 5 - 10 knots
Swell: NA
Current: run out tide
Launch point: Noosa Sound
Participants: cybertech, Redwood

FAR OUT...what an epic night Redwood and I had. Where to begin.

We launched around 8pm Wednesday night. Both trolling HB lures slowly heading to Ricky's current line, not much action in woods bay. Got past the rock wall and started drifting down towards the mouth. Next minute my spool screaming. Thought I had something massive. Well it was a 72cm foul hooked flathead. Hooked on its stomach however that happens.

72cm Flathead. “was my PB”

Tide was quickly rushing me out so I had to land on beach to bring it in. Once measured I advised Redwood this was a PB for me. Redwood come up took some photos and while I was sorting out my lines decided to have a flick, he got onto a school of trevally. The next 2 hours was epic. I'm rigged up and thought I would get a trev too.. 2nd cast and BAM. I'm on, a very heavy fish, not a trev, I didn't know what it was until I landed this monster on the beach screaming me guts out. Which in turn this is now my PB.

92cm monster

3 or so trevally, 3 or 4 45cm + flathead later it was getting late so we started to head back in. 200 meters up Redwood hooks onto something massive. Unlike me he wasn't on land so had to do all the work from his yak. Luckily he did as he landed this monster too. We believe it also might be a record.


Measuring 94cm.

Time was past mid night. We decided to head straight in and pack up. Nope not finished yet..... Half way up woods bay Redwood landed this beaut. Nice Jack mate.

43cm Jack.

 Haul for the night (less 2x monsters and a couple of others that were released)

Redwoods hammered River2Sea mullet minnow - Redwood and I both trolled these and gold bombers, but the bombers weren't touched, these saw all the action.

Spot the monster flathead

3 comments:

  1. Well done guys. What monster lizards!!! Great report.
    Jimbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some special lizards there guys. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blinder! Looks like summer might be very interesting. Well done on being fully aware of the size limits

    ReplyDelete