Go Dad, 04May13


TR by Gemini
Lake MacDonald

Just a quick report from the lake this arvo. I took Dad out for his first ever yak fish and he managed a couple of nice ones. He even took the largest of the day at 38cm. Not bad for his first bass AND first fish from a yak. Mango (Brian) also ventured out to join us later in the afternoon to check out the surroundings.

 photo 342a8887-6afa-4bb6-a20a-df3e4866e4b6_zps32121f9e.jpg

Photo of Dad (Peter), courtesy Gemini.




ADDITIONAL: Two bass each was the total for the day, but I did lose my first lure in the lake as well. Just entering the Palm Farm area I had a heavy strike amongst a lilly patch there. Whatever it was took off like a rocket and snapped me clean off down to the join for my leader. I'm not sure if I had a loop around the end of my rod or the drag was too tight, but it gave away with a PING and a sad groan from yours truly. At a guess I would say it was a big toga or eel. Bummer.

Cheers!

Matt (Gemini)

No comments:

Post a Comment