EyeTag and Stormin', 04May13

TR By Eyetag with Contribution from Stormin'
Wind:
Swell:
Conditions:
Participants: Eyetag, Stormin'


I launched this morning around 6.am just after Norman who'd made it out with a dry bum. So the pressure was on !

I sat at the end of the wall waiting for a lull seeing an opportunity I hit the turbo button and I made it out with a dry bum. Clear of the sand monster I rigged up my gear and headed North with Norman.

We got to LH before seeing our first sign of fish activity with a few Longtail jumping about 200m to the North. Norman started fishing the bottom and I paddled onward in search of Tuna. I returned to LH about 15 min later fish-less and Norman had been throwing slugs at the odd bust up. He decided to fish the bottom again and I went toward the first cutting hoping for a Longtail. I hadn't paddled far when the reel screamed to life and I was hooked up to a Longtail that was boated in around 15 minutes.

I returned to Norman who was also successful with a Squire on board. He said he was going to keep bottom fishing for a little while then have a troll. I then travelled the same path as before to the first cutting and then home as I have family visiting and time was limited. On arrival at MG the Sand monster was in a calmer mood so I stowed all my gear and waited for the right moment still having some turbo thrust available I got to the beach upright.

 photo e3e9813b-79d9-454c-ad0a-975453fc7fef_zpseb0eb0d1.jpg

Photo Courtesy of BillyBob Watson www.fishingnoosa.com.au

Cheers EyeTag

Contribution from Stormin' Norman

I left home around 5:15 knowing I might be doing solo mission as Solman is not feeling well. Arrived at MG car park just after 6:00 and went straight to the beach to assess the conditions. Swell is not to bad and there's a decent gap between set so I'm going. When I returned to the car park I'm happy to see another fishing kayak it was Eyetag's. Quick chat with him and we both start setting up. Launch was easy or I got really lucky dry bum but my legs got wet.

We trolled hard body to LHR with out luck. Start bottom fishing using prawn bait while eyetag doing a big circle around me hoping for long tail. Snapper are biting in numbers but mostly undersized. Got one snapper 37cm when eyetag paddled to me and announced that he already got a long tail (left his radio at home) and heading in in few minutes. In total I landed 8 snapper and a bream at LHR all in prawn bait.

Time to chase long tail as my supply of bait run out but no sign of them at this stage so went further north trolling rapala slashbait. About 400 metres to HR and I can see lots of birds and lots of splashing I'm thinking these is going to be another day for me. Got to the spot and there's at least two bust up going on and I'm so excited where to cast. Encountered several bust up but predators don't like shiny metal I'm offering tried different sizes 40grms 30grsms and 20grms. Been casting metal for quite some time and getting desperate when another bust up appeared right in front of me. Didn't bother with my casting gear this time I just pedalled straight in the middle and hooked up immediately. Finally!! Fight only last for 20min and to my surprise the fish appeared tail first as its been hooked its body near tail!


Stormin's Video of the capture - almost !

It's after 9am and some action still going but its time for me to head in. I got what I want and I know sand monster is waiting for me. Trolled hard body on my way with out any more luck.

Sand monster is happy to see me (I'm not happy to see him) his favourite victim and once again he succeeded to take me to Panno's Bar and Grill for a swim. On the beach Lauren from England is happy to pose for a picture holding my fish.

 photo a0a4998d-4a5d-4a32-9f12-3efb4f7e1340_zps83ece872.jpg
Photo of Lauren by Stormin'

 photo dce6150b-0cf7-4975-a97a-ec8e40a5389a_zpsbbfa16d2.jpg
Photos by Norman

Cheers
Norman (stormin)

No comments:

Post a Comment