fish, surf, Video, 26Jun10

Subject: Fishing Today 26/06/2010
From: "Jaro Cerny"
Date: 26/06/2010 6:42 PM

Hi Yakkers,

I arrived at MG at 6.00am and saw that Ian's (Eye Tag) car was already there and he was obviously already at SR.

Conditions.
Cloudy 9/10 with the threat of rain out to sea which didn't eventuate.
Wind varied from 3 to 8 knots
Seas were essentially calm with a moderate swell.
Full moon.

Getting out required care and good judgment which I did without too much trouble and I set off for JS at 6.30am, trolling along the way.

Arrived in good time and set out my drifting line with a pilchard and my casting rod with a prawn. Contacted Ian and he told me things were quiet but had caught a good snapper and was staying at SR.

The drift was nice and slow and I decided to start at a more northern spot on JS. There were many, many fish visible on my fish finder extending from near the surface to the bottom virtually throughout the morning.

I initially caught a small grassie sweet lip (34cm) on the prawn bait which I kept. I had many small nibbles taking both the prawns and the pilchards but in between I caught a lovely 52 cm snapper (prawn bait) and a 43cm sweet lip (42cm) on a pilchard.

I used up my bag of pilchards and .5 Kgs of prawn and then switched to soft plastics to no avail and decided to head for home at 10.40am.

Kevin contacted us and said he would wait at MG for us. Ian had caught 2 tusk fish and was also heading for home at about the same time.

We arrived at MG at about the same time and it really required good timing to get in upright as the tide had gone out and the waves were breaking at the end of MG but we both did it in style as shown by these photos (all photos courtesy of Kev, thanks Kevin).

[See video link to the surf antics at end of post]



Ian roaring through with a surfer looking on

As you can see I am going at full throttle and am to afraid to look back

Here are Ian's and my fish for the day.



My 2 sweetlip and Snapper

Ian's 2 tusk fish and snapper

Thats all folks. Thanks for coming Ian and for helping me with the kayak etc. Hope to see a few of you tomorrow.

Jaro

VIDEO, by Kev
As some of you know, I captured a bit of video on Saturday, after I got back from an early morning drive to Brisbane airport. I set myself up on the groyne, awaiting the return of Ian and Jaro and got there just in time to witness, and video, a quite spectacular wipeout when James, a youngster from Palmwoods came back in. One thing you have to bear in mind is that he had a 6-8kg longtail unrrestrained in the forward compartment of his Stealth. When the nose went down, the longtail went forward... the rest is history. James' Dad, also a keen and competent yakker and fishing with James, opted to come in on the eastern side of the groyne. Ian and Jaro? Well, watch the video and learn. All video was recorded within about 30 minutes so all four faced similar conditions. Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment