Bananas, 11Jun10

Subject: Fishing Today 11-06-10
From: "ian"
Date: 11/06/2010 6:15 PM

WEATHER
Cloud cover: all morning
Seas: 0.5-1 metre SE swell,choppy
Wind: 5-10 knot S/SW

Hi all

I paddled out to SR early with a 5-10 knot S-SW blowing and it was cold. I anchored up and fished the bottom with Bananas (prawns) and soft plastics alternating between the two. Conditions were a bit tricky with a current running to the South at around 5 K's. I had to use a 5/8 jig head and couldn't hold the bottom for very long, getting about 5 or 6 lifts with every cast. The bait was difficult also I'd cast up current and didn't find the bottom until it was almost underneath me. However the fish played the game.

I caught Grassy after Grassy keeping 3 and releasing approx 20 the biggest 45 cm all caught on Bananas. I caught and kept 1 Snapper 47cm on a SP and also kept a 37cm Moses Perch caught on SP.

Sorry I didn't take photos but the Snapper and biggest Grassy didn't make it home, (edited out...).

Ian
callsign:eye tag

No comments:

Post a Comment