JS with lady, 27Jun10

Subject: Fishing Today 27/06/2010
From: "Jaro Cerny"
Date: 27/06/2010 3:22 PM

Hello Yakkers,

I arrived at MG shortly before 6.00am to see that Ian (Eye Tag) had already gone. Wasn't long before Harry and Stu with friend Nadia, and Kev arrived. We all proceeded to get ready and it wasn't long before we were on our way except for Stu who had to go back and get his gaff.

Getting ready for the launch. Note the beautiful morning. Getting out was ok as long as you timed it right.

I met Doug, who had launched from Main Beach at the National Park end, at JS. I proceeded to a more northerly position than normal and fished using prawns on my casting rod and pilchards on my trailing rod. Everyone started fishing at various locations at JS and things were quiet for about an hour at which point nature called and as I was using my piss pot, my casting rod took a mighty bend into the water forcing me to uncomfortably stop in mid stream, and grab the rod.

I proceeded to fight what appeared would be a nice sized fish when suddenly the trailing rod also bent to the water. I grabbed it, made sure that the fish was well and truly hooked and went back to my first strike. It wasn't too long before I landed and stowed a 55cm snapper. Now I went back to the other rod and landed a lovely 50cm sweet lip. I naturally informed the others and they all then fished the same general area. I ended up catching 4 snapper and 1 sweetlip.

Kevin used soft plastics exclusively and caught a few reefies and a nice size frigate mackerel which is the first one he has caught. No doubt Kev will give further info on the fish later.

Kev's frigate mackerel

Doug went home early and I don't know what he caught. Stu and Nadia disappeared during the morning and I don't know the results of their fishing. Can you fill us in Stu??

Kev had to be home early so he left at about 9.40am. Harry, I and a friend of Harry's, Des continued fishing with Harry catching a nice snapper, a very nice sweetlip (50cm+) and a flounder.

I called it quits at 10.30am and headed home. Harry and Des followed half and hour later.

Ian with his longtail (pic: Kev)

Ian's fish for the day

Some Chinese visitors asked to hold Ian's fish and apparently many people gathered around to look at his fish

I landed back at the beach safe and sound to be met by Kevin who took the following photo of the fish.

My fish. The 4th snapper I had given to Harry

Harry and Des returned safely and I was there to take this photo of Harry with his catch all nicely cleaned and gutted.

So all in all a great day was had by all. Tuesday is looking good, Hookers. I will keep you posted.

Cheers

Jaro

No comments:

Post a Comment