Spotties galore, 20Jan10

From: "Wayne Bardwell"
Subject: Todays trip
Date: Wednesday, 20 January 2010 3:41 PM

Hi All

Decided to go to Mudjimba beach near Mooloolaba instead of joining Jaro and Stu at MG as have been told the Spotty Macks are on there at the moment.

Got to the beach at 4:30am saw there was a little bit of a swell so launching will be some fun as I try my best not to get wet.

Met up with a fellow yakker in the parking lot as he too was getting ready to get out and find some fish.

We both got through the surf with no problems but did have to pick the break as the sets were bigger than I expected. Rigged up quickly as the fish were smashing bait all around us, So on went the old faithful Onda-Onde and off went the first cast, it had barely hit the water and I was on to my first fish for the morning first cast... 5min later put my first Spotty Mack in the hatch. Well that was the beginning of many. I
then very quickly caught my bag limit of 5 and 3 Mack tuna. The fish were fussy not taking just any lure thrown at them as my mate discovered as he was not able to land a single fish. After releasing a few I asked
him if he wanted any fish to take home so quickly got a bag of 5 for him, he was very happy but not so happy he could not catch them himself.

I also lost a Spaniard at the yak when trying to get the lip grip in his mouth for a picture as did not want to keep it, had more than enough fish to take home, he would have been + - 10kg.

The stink boats were out in force must have counted 20 but they too were no getting many fish to take their lures, guess I have a winner with my Onda-Onde.

Was off the water at 9:40am.

Landed 11 spotty Macs, 6 Mack tuna kept 5 released the rest. Will be back soon for some more fun.

the fish.

Cheers

Wayne Bardwell

No comments:

Post a Comment