Just sharks, 26Jan10

From: "Steven Crisp"
Subject: Re: New member
Date: Tuesday, 26 January 2010 11:38 AM

Hello All,

I launched this perfect morning at 6am and met up with Doug McDougall near the shark nets off middle groyne. A little beach break at the beach edge but easy entry along the west wall.

We chatted as I rigged up and then Doug proceeded to catch 2 or 3 small sharks in a matter of 10 minutes. He was using pilchards on a gang of 3 hooks. Doug advised that he would head home via the corner of main beach in 20 minutes so we moved off on our different paths.

I then paddled across the river mouth and up the north shore approximately 2klms before turning back to the bay. Then out via First point, Tea Tree and Granites where I was accompanied by a dolphin, before calling it a day. From the radio chatter it appeared as though most stink boats were headed out to Sunshine Reef.

Upon my return to the beach I met up with Rod Cameron. He had been further out towards Jew Shoal and said there had been some bust outs but not much taking lures. All he had was a very tangled line, sort of on and off the reel!

All in all, a very nice paddle and too bad Kevin wasn't there to video my perfect wave surf back to shore.

I can't paddle tomorrow, but will be out there on Thursday, launching around 5.30. Wayne Edwards is going to paddle also in Kevin's spare Espri, so we hope to see you at MG or on the water.

Until then,

TurtleBoy

Regards, Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment