Pedro solo at Jew Shoal. 27Aug14

TR by Pedro
Wind: 10 knots SW early turning SSE 12 knots
Swell: 1-1.5m SE
Current: gentle N to S
Launch point: Middle Groyne
Participants: Pedro

There was a big difference in wind predictions with Wind guru, willy, seabreeze all saying doable while BOM put out a strong wind warning.

Woke at 4am and checked radar. DIP was gusting at 17 knots but I was keen to go as it had been 16 days.

Launched about 6.30am, late for me as I wasn't packed the night before. There was a decent swell with some sand dredging taking place on the bigger ones. I took my time and made it easy, getting a bit wet punching through the last wave.

Jew Shoal certainly wasn't firing, although I did manage to bag two snapper each between 40/50cm and a grassie about 38. All were caught on lightly weighted pilchard while drift fishing. Other baits, including a live bait, went untouched.

Landing was no problem -- timed it well between sets, which was lucky as I had Sunshiner with the camera on the rocks.

Pedals stowed, bending the paddle shaft. Pic and caption by sunshiner

Just checking… Pic and caption by sunshiner

Pic by sunshiner

Pedro



No comments:

Post a Comment