Jaro TR to JS, 12Jul14

Trip Report Saturday 12/07/2014 by Jaro
Conditions: Clear, sunny and cold early but warming up quickly once the sun was up. Laguna Bay was glassy but we could see that it was windy further out to JS. At JS wind was westerly at 8 to 10 knots but as the morning wore on it dropped out altogether.
Current negligible.

Participants: Mahatma, Diesel, Weeksy, SpikeyMikey and Jaro

I arrived at MG car park to find Diesel and Mahatma already there. I found out later that many had taken the easy option not to go thinking that it was too windy.

I believe SpikeyMikey had already gone out much earlier and then came back in early due to the wind.

Anyway, the intrepid trio saw that Laguna Bay was glassy but that it was windy at JS and so it proved but it wasn't too bad with only the odd white cap ( have certainly been in much worse conditions). As the wind was behind me I was able to put up my sail and enjoy a very leisurely trip out at between 7 to 9 km/hour. We all settled in for some bottom fishing with bugger-all action for all of us. Weeksy had headed for A Bay also without any success as far as I know.

We pulled the pin at around 9.30am and headed back to shore in near flat calm seas. There was no swell to speak of so exit and entry was dead easy.

No fish but a good paddle in lovely surroundings.

Jaro

No comments:

Post a Comment