Pedro and Corie, 02Jan13

TR by Pedro with contribution from Manscaped


Less Swell Than Expected
Wind: light West turning SE 10knots
Swell: 1 to 1.5m
Launch point: MG
Participants: Corie, Pedro


Wendy and I arrived at 4.45am and after having a look at conditions and calling Corie on the radio(no response, I tried several times). I launched in Wendy's prowler, picking a lull made it straight out no worries.The sand monster was lurking but asleep for most of the time.

I spied Corie heading north but I also saw that the birds were heading east so I followed the birds. JS was quiet so after a couple of laps trolling pilchard and HB I headed for Nth Sunshine and it wasn't any different there, although there was some terns looking for a feed.

On the way back headed for JS, I saw one school of small mac tuna bust up. Back at JS another school of mac tuna were hitting the surface occasionally with birds overhead. I trolled then bottom fished then trolled and with no strikes or bait lost I headed in at 9am. The tide was in and I had no problem picking a gap and landed safely.

But once home I did have a problem with my arms, neck and back as I normally pedal not paddle.

Happy New Year NY's

Pedro



Good morning all,

I went out this morning arriving at around 4am the wind was almost non existent and the bay looked inviting so of I went. There were waves standing up at the end of the groyne but the sets were well spaced and I made it out unscathed.

I set course for halls trolling a hb and a pillie along the north shore. Before getting to halls the southerly was picking up so I headed out wider and headed back towards the river.

Halfway back I noticed flocks of turns heading in so the schools of bait must have been deep. Once I found the dirty water line I followed it for a while before deciding I had enough.The only fish I had seen were flying fish flying away from me as I paddled along.

After stowing my rods I headed in to MG. After watching the sets roll through I waited for next ones and paddled in after them making it all the way to shore untouched.

Corie

PS. Also saw a tiny tinnie out there would have been 10ft max. My evo looked like the titanic compared to it and was wondering how he got out. Go have a look at the pictures on the FishingNoosa Facebook page. They at either exceptionally keen or stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment