New PB for Jamie. 28Nov12

TR by Jamie-D

Hello Fellow Noosa Yakkers

Well this is a happy place report. Had to rise and shine at 2.15am this morning to make my intended launch at 4.30am. Nothing like hurtling along the highway at 3am in the morning with a kayak on the roof, God I love that feeling.

I was in the water at 4.25am, the early rise worth it. Launched at Middle Groyne destined for Jew Shoal. The surf was up a bit this morning as I had hoped, as I do love a good surf exit. I was doing the 45 degree slap 45 degree slap dance as I passed the rock wall. Trolled a 2m + Halco Laser pro on the way out to my waypoint hoping to mix it up with large pelagics; no such luck.

Reached my intended location not long after launch, fished with pillies on a double hook rig, one hook in the head one in the guts, and also flicked plastics.

Lots of bait in the water but apparently no predators under it. Decided after the turn of the tide from high dropping to low to move to Halls reef. Hummed and Hahed about this but I wanted to make the best of my time on the water.

Upon arrival I launched into an attack of the bottom with plastics and baits again. While I was sitting there dreaming (((((((((bang))))))) my plastic got absolutely nailed, yeeeehhhaaaaaaaaarrrrrr after brief but heavenly fight up popped a new Sweetlip PB: 47cm to the tip up from 35 cm to the tip so I was really happy with the outing.

And I nailed my surf entry well, which I like especially when there are people at Main Beach watching the guy on the kayak land.



Cheers
Jamie D

No comments:

Post a Comment