madcow's first spotty, 20Mar09

From: "madcowes"
Subject: belated report from friday 20Mar
Date: Saturday, 21 March 2009 9:34 AM

Launched MG 5:30 ish with steven & charles & brian (parapaddler). Headed over to north shore, conditions choppy w/- 10-15 knts and a bit of swell. Lots of birds but hard to get a cast as they were moving around pretty quickly.

Had a huge hit on my trolling rod which actually sprung the rod from the rod holder (sticky drag - job for the weekend!) Thank god for rod leashes. Fish had gone by the time I recovered my rod.

10 minutes later my red & white "Mad Mullet" had a reasonable hit & I managed to boat my first spotty mac, not huge but my first. Paddled over to NP and back to MG without any further interruptions.

For those of us not jaunting of OS lets see what the weather gods have in store for us next week.

P.S Kev & crew maybe you could bring some sand back from egypt for main beach.

cheers madcow

No comments:

Post a Comment