Paddleparra, tuna, 28Feb11

Subject: fishing today monday
From: Brian Hughes
Date: 28/02/2011 6:38 PM

Well what can I say, it has been months since I last caught up with the Noosa Yakkers and while being an avid reader of the e-mails they just increased my depressive state knowing that work and the usual stuff prevents me travelling to the beautiful surrounds of Noosa. That’'s not to say that the Sunny Coast doesn’t have its own scenic fishing spots.

Anyhow I managed to get a day away some time back and caught up with Kev, Jaro and Ian and in my usual tradition I was probably the expedition Jonah as we all returned empty handed. However…….. I saw fish, real fish, big fish, birds flocking and that was enough for me, I was coming back.

I launched at MG approx. 0430 and after my recent ‘spectacular’ and somewhat comical landing I decided to launch with everything stowed, and getting out was easy, I am an Adventure Island owner but I miss the days of my profish so today I decided to go commando and leave all the accessories behind (plus I have broken about 50% of the extra bits through misadventure!)

I did see Pedro on the water who was apparently dragging slimeys around chasing the Macs. I myself just love sight fishing, so chasing the boils and birds with my slug rod is just heaven for me.

I also purchased a couple of the popular ‘Noosa Laser Pro’ hardbodies and dragged one of them around also. The boils were frequent but the fish were shy but eventually the reel on my trolling rod sprang into life and screamed as the something shot off at a great rate of knots, at last the monkey was off my back.

It was just soooooooo good to feel a decent fish on the end of the line. As you can see a nice Mac Tuna was brought aboard and taken home, primarily for strip bait and my dogs but an older couple were prattling on about sashimi at the beach so there and then I cut a decent sized fillet from the flank of the fish and gave it to the grateful couple.

Many people celebrate the spirit of their ancestors and how their souls inhabit the local earth and territories. Well if the old bugger ever passes on (Kev that is) I know where to go to find his soul………: MG.

Even though he wasn’’t in the water lobbing a lure at the pelagics he was on the beach ready with camera (probably waiting to snap some fool trying to land without stowing their expensive gear) but not today young Kev! I was stowed and even had fun riding in the small surf. However thanks for the help up the hill.

So till next time guys, stay safe and hope to catch up again

Brian
(Paddleparra)

Email from pedro:
::::::
Subject: fishing today monday
From: Pete
Date: 28/02/2011 5:31 PM
Hi All,

Not much to report, although I had one good run out at sr on a trolled slimy without the hooks setting.

And there was a fair bit of heavy surface splashes with the fish staying hidden around hells gates.

Caught up with hollywood in the carpark who had a nice longtail onboard.

I am looking at going again later in the week.
Pedro

No comments:

Post a Comment