garlic and snapper, 18Nov10

Subject: yesterdays's harvest
From: Pete
Date: 19/11/2010 6:38 AM

Hi All,

I managed to take a small break in the garlic harvest for a spot of R & R and it was worth it.

Garlic harvester in action

I checked the weather conditions late on Wednesday night and it looked good so I set the alarm for 2.30am and was on the water 3.45 just as dawn was breaking.

I headed out to JS using the same mark as my last big snapper and picked up a sweetlip, with the N breeze I drifted south on the western side of the pinnacles. This is where I bagged the snapper, coming on the bite at about 10am, using floating pillies unweighted and a very small pea sinker both giving results.

Scored a double hook up, got one in, rebaited, pulled the other in, and the reset line went off again. All good sporting fun. All up I got bag limit on the snapper, (the largest at 55cm), a sweetlip and 2 silver bream, missing a yellow tail king and something else very large -- 2 flaps of the tail my drag couldn't release fast enough and my 30lb braid line snapped.

Caught the last one on the last pillie about 12.00. I called it a day and headed in.

Lots of surface action all day, small pelagics, thinking they were small bonito.

snapper harvest, by garlic harvester

Go get 'em

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment