Jag1 at Rainbow, 10Sep09

Subject: anyone scaring a snapper tomorrow?
From: "geoff stolberg"
Date: 10/09/2010 3:15 PM

Just a follow up to my R/beach trip yesterday. On the down side, no fish. However, I had a great day enjoying the paddling and getting back the feel of the yak. The wind was on from about 10.00am and didn't abate. I spent some time at Bullock Pt area then took a drive to D/Island. The beach has heaps of sand and is easy driving. You could drive from Noosa to RB on sand.
The area north of DI was messy so I went back to Inskip just up from the barges. There is a pretty strong tidal run to the bar there, and with the wind blowing opposite, it made for some interesting kayaking. Fortunately, the sounder worked fine, I tried out a few different lures but the fish on the screen were on a break.

Both Max Bond and commercial grade construction silicone Do Not adhere to the yak shell. The waves pounding caused my battery foam rubber mount to come adrift. It needs to be screwed in firmly. Saw a few turtles but no whales, but had a great day!
Really looking forward to the next trip.
Cheers
Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment