Double Stoked with a PB 21 Sep 14

TR by eyetag

Wind: 10-15 knot SE
Current: run out tide
Launch Point: Noosa Heads Lions Park
Participants: Eyetag

I launched 9.pm heading past the Sheraton with the trusty Gold Bomber out the back and as I entered the Inner Woods Bay there was a bit of surface activity, I stopped paddling, brought the Bomber in and had a flick with a Gladiator Prawn. There were Bigeye Trevally up to 30cm feeding on small prawns and my offerings were snapped up with almost every cast. I fished the area for a while having a lot of fun on the light 3lb gear, but I wanted more. I headed to Rickys' and had a drift but the wind was too strong making the drift too fast. I then went to spot "X" and on arrival I heard, then as I got closer, I saw some very big fish feeding. I trolled the Bomber through where the fish were feeding but didn't get a touch. Then as I was turning around for another pass a boat was approaching, he stopped and fished the area. I recognised the boat so I went over and started talking, he discussed how slow things were I agreed and after a few minutes he left to go home. I was still excited at what I'd seen so I had another pass and I hooked up, the reel was losing the 8lb braid at a frantic rate with the fish splashing and jumping, luckily the hooks held. I had to paddle with one hand to avoid a rock bar as the fish headed down stream. Managing to get into open water I fought the fish for about 20 minutes before getting a look, BIG BARRA, after a few more very tense minutes she was in the net, well half in the net. "Stoked" A quick pic on the brag mat and back she went.

96 cm Barramundi

Thinking from the earlier activity there must be more than one fish. This time I had a drift through spot "X" casting the Bomber working it slowly and twitching then whack it was on again. After another tough battle lasting at least 20 minutes I had Barra number 2. This one I kept and went home.

A nice eating size at 87 cm

4 comments:

  1. top of the leader board
    onya mate, Pedro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Eyetag, the first one must be a record!, cheers, tunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Eyetag. The bomber strikes again!! I must replace the one the pelican took.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice fish mate, very jealous of ya noosa barras

    stew

    ReplyDelete