Marlin ? 13Feb12

TR by Pedro

Conditions: Overcast light rain becoming sunny
Wind: Light NW early turning SE10 knots. Swell moderate.

Launched around 5am timing it well between sets on the low tide. Once out the back I engaged my rudder only to find I had no steering. So back in to find the steering cord had undone, so easy fixed and out again.

I trolled bait and HB to JS and around till the birds started working then chased bust ups which were occurring in all the wrong places for me. I continued trolling out to SR, and by then, the birds had spread out with only the rare bust up in the distance. In the middle of one a huge fish, marlin size or large shark, cleared the water. It was too far away to tell. One bust up was close enough to hook and land a small mac tuna, my only fish.

Trolled back to JS and around JS then back to MG without a hit. Plenty of bait balls in the bay and it feels like a big improvement with the pelagic's. There's always next time.

Cheers
Pedro

No comments:

Post a Comment