Quiet day, 16Apr11

Contributions from, in sequence: gemini, richmond

Subject: Fishing today - Saturday 16th April
From: Matt Reid
Date: 16/04/2011 11:33 AM

Hi all,

Not much to report from this morning. Jeff and I launched at about 6:30AM into acceptable conditions. The swell was up a bit, but the wind wasn't as bad as expected. We headed to LH and found a lot of bait, birds and bustups about, but the tuna didn't seem too interested in us.

I landed a juvenile mackerel on a laser pro as I passed the river mouth on the way out to LH (I think it was a spaniard, but I'm not 100%). He was only 40cm or so and managed to commit hari kari on the hooks before I tossed him back for the sharks brekky. Jeff scored a little Remora on a lure while casting at tuna.

After trolling around for a good while we called it quits and were back at MG around 9AM.

I think Jeff has some photos he might post later.

Cheers!

Matt
Call sign: Gemini

Email from Jeff:
::::::::
Subject: Fishing today - Saturday 16th April
From: "Jeff"
Date: 16/04/2011 3:55 PM


Hi NYers,
Very quiet day for me too today. There was heaps of activity just outside the break inside Little Halls, but the fish were very finnicky. Longtails were there actively free jumping, although no big fish were seen.

I threw 20 and 30 gram slugs at 'em for zero. I then changed to a 10gram exciter and scored a remora of all things.

There must have been a big ray, cobia, shark or something big around for the remora to be there. It spewed out heaps of 30mm bait when I landed it and it was hooked firmly in the mouth as well!

I also trolled a bonito around for an hour, went out to Little Halls and surrounds and trolled it back to MG for zip.Things shut down pretty early so we called it quits about 9am.

I had a bit of a "moment" on a wave coming in, but still managed to stay on! lol. Back at the carpark I was talking to a woman who was loading her racing ski onto her roof, she said a 2 metre shark circled her ski twice before it disappeared.

I've attached a couple of pics of Matt coming in and my hungry little remora.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment