Spotty mac, 23Oct10

From: geoff stolberg
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2010 3:05 PM
Subject: Fishing 23.10.10

I arrived at MG at 0425hrs and the only sign of Eyetag was two skinny wheel tracks disappearing into the surf. The swell was still fairly big so I opted for JS. A non-eventful trip out and for the first hour or so the only entertainment was four charcoal coloured birds [gulls?] which persisted in harrasing me.

I managed to catch two of them as they are extremely quick to your bait. No harm was done, as it was only tangled line around a leg or wing. I got them sorted, politely advised that they should relocate, and released them. Later in the morning I spoke to two guys near Hells Gates who were repeating my fun with the wildlife.

Anyway, I managed a spotty mack, 81cms and 2.6kgs at about 0730, but that's all. Later in the morning I decided to head towards SR to see Eyetag, but by Hell's Gates the swell and slight headwind were becoming annoying, so I turned for an assisted ride home.

The landing at MG was as smooth as, except for a million people being there for a comp of some sort. There were skis and outriggers etc everywhere. Now I know why we fish weekdays where possible. Eyetag was still out there as we were in contact, and he had had some success.

Cheers
Geoff
JaG one

No comments:

Post a Comment