more spotties, 09May10

Subject: Fishing Sunday the 9th
From: "ian"
Date: 9/05/2010 6:03 PM

I left MG this morning 0600 hrs paddled out to JS ignoring the occasional bust up along the way and trolled a Slimey on a Spaniard Special for an hour. I didn't get a touch so I decided to head in where it was a little calmer. I cast into a few boils and landed 3 Spotties around 80cm's, keeping 1 that needed dental surgery and probably wouldn't have been able to feed for a while. The Spotties were still there although spread out from JS to the River mouth and across to the Shark nets. They weren't staying up for long. My trolled lure wasn't touched after about 5 kms of paddling. Conditions were pretty ordinary and there weren't many boats out. Back to weekends after tomorrow.
Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment