sweetlip, 21Mar08

From: "JARO CERNY"
Subject: Report for 21/03/08
Date: Saturday, 22 March 2008 7:13 PM

Hello Noosa Yakkers,

Report Fishing 21/03/08.

Starters Jim, Jaro and Kevin. The beach breakers were a bit challenging and were certainly a great inducer of the required adrenalin rush to get those paddles flaying to get out in time between wave sets. Timing was of the essence and I am proud to report that all made it out in professional style which I know suitably impressed onshore lookers as one guy told me he didn't fancy my chances (we went at different times).

The paddle out was uneventful as there was essentially an offshore breeze with it being calm inshore and more choppy at JS. By the way, I felt that the weather forecast by Seabreeze was spot on with the wind strengthening to the wind speed predicted as the morning wore on. We never felt anxious about the conditions.

We set about our fishing and I joyfully landed a good sized sweetlip at about 8.30am. My first fish in months. Everyone caught a few small fish of various types, which were returned to the sea. Jim left relatively early... sad to say fishless. Just as Kevin and I were contemplating giving up I caught another.... a good sized keeper. This rekindled our enthusiasm for a little while but to no avail.

The journey back was also uneventful with the chop becoming negligible as we came into the shelter of the headland. We had the same fun gunning for the shore. Once again our timing was impeccable and we all landed safely and upright with a huge crowd of Easter holiday makers looking on and as usual coming over to see our rigs and our catch. Kevin, our fishing mentor and guru, also sad to say came back fishless. Both Jim and Kevin of course suggested I share the catch but it would not have been fair to give to one and not the other so I kept both fish.

Cheers

Jaro
The prowler with fish scales on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment